Building Biology Course IBN
IBN professional education for building biology is now available in India in a revised English version, through a partnership between the Centre for Building Biology (CBB) in Auroville, India, and IBN Germany.
Since 1977 the Building Biology Course IBN has been at the core of the ZFU-approved training program to become a “Building Biology Consultant IBN.” (ZFU = Accreditation Agency of Continuing Studies in Germany) The main mission of the program is to educate and promote competence in the field of healthy, sustainable, and holistic building practices in living and work environments.
The Building Biology Course IBN provides an interdisciplinary educational opportunity for building professionals such as architects, engineers, technicians, tradespeople, staff members of construction companies, building material manufacturers and suppliers, housing agencies, building management companies, as well as (environmental medicine) health care professionals, but also for students from e.g. technical colleges and homeowners.
This Building Biology Course is also open to newcomers in this field after consultation with the IBN. It will increase your competence in the field of healthy, sustainable, and holistic building practices as well as open up new career opportunities.
Possible career opportunities include:
- Consulting services for private, public, and commercial contractors or companies (e.g. construction companies, building material manufacturers, building trades)
- Building design, construction, and remediation with a focus on building biology, ecology, and energy efficiency
- Offering building trades with a focus on building biology aspects
- Distribution and/or manufacturing of building materials, building elements, building systems, installations
- Holistic consulting services for patients and cooperation with health care professionals
- Realtor for green housing with a focus on building biology aspects
- Outreach work (articles on subject matters, presentations, Internet, etc.)
- Offering seminars and workshops
E-learning offers many advantages such as worldwide accessibility, up-to-date information, forum, chats, and multiple choice questions to check learning progress. For guests, Course Module “Indoor Climate” and “practicing Building Biology” is available for free. First click here and then click “Log in as a guest”